With intense pressure, extreme heat, and plenty of sharp objects, commercial kitchens are hazardous places. Any recklessness or negligence from those in charge can set the stage for catastrophe. If you or someone you love has suffered an injury while working in a commercial kitchen, you may need to contact a commercial kitchen injury lawyer to secure the compensation you deserve.
Commercial Kitchen Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured in a mishap in a commercial kitchen, do not make the mistake of thinking that a settlement cooked up by an insurance company will fairly compensate you for your injury. Insurance companies do not prioritize the well being of victims. Their ultimate focus is the company’s bottom line, so a generous settlement simply won’t happen. You must be willing to stand up, make your case, and demand just compensation with the help of a knowledgeable commercial kitchen injury lawyer.
What Can Go Wrong in a Commercial Kitchen?
Commercial cooking facilities are inherently dangerous places, and any neglect of safety practices or equipment maintenance can put the people who work in them at risk. In a commercial kitchen, workers can suffer all of the following injuries:
- Slip and fall if spills are not cleaned promptly or floors are not properly maintained
- Serious burns from grease, steam, or boiling water if proper practices for handling these substances are not in place
- Cuts, lacerations, or stab wounds if strict rules regarding the use of knives and other tools are not enforced
- Back injuries from lifting heavy, commercial-grade tools and kitchen supplies improperly
- Heat stress injuries if the kitchen staffing is mismanaged or ventilation of the kitchen is inadequate
- Serious burns if the fire suppression system fails to deploy in the event of a fire
- Blindness due to unnecessary exposure to fire retardant chemicals if the fire suppression system malfunctions
The injuries inflicted by a commercial kitchen accident can be life altering. A mishandled knife can result in severe lacerations that damage ligaments, tendons, and other tissues, impairing function; amputations are also possible. Burns from grease, steam, scalding water, and hot tools can be incredibly painful and disfiguring. Broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and spinal injuries from a nasty fall can make it impossible to work or even enjoy normal, day-to-day activities. Vision loss can be psychologically and functionally devastating; learning to accomplish even simple, everyday tasks without the use of one’s eyes can require extensive training.
These types of injuries can be physically, mentally, and financially distressing. Although receiving the maximum compensation for your injury cannot undo the trauma or damage, it can smooth your path as you move forward with your life.
Proceeding with a Commercial Kitchen Injury Claim
If you have been injured in a commercial kitchen, seek out an experienced commercial kitchen injury lawyer who has the resources to fight for the compensation that you deserve. You may be able to pursue the following types of damages:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Wage loss
- Disability or disfigurement
- Loss of quality of life
- Punitive damages
Have you or someone you love been injured in an accident in a commercial kitchen? Contact the Law Offices of Bryan Musgrave. We are committed to helping victims secure the maximum possible compensation with aggressive, effective legal representation. Contact us today to learn more about our qualifications, explore our services, and make an appointment for a free initial case review.